Apply for this job
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Your responsibilities will entail:
* Participate in the maintenance of the site infrastructures;
* Jointly with International Headquarters (IHQ), update the preventive maintenance and inspection program as well as the installation and operating procedures for infrastructures;
* Coordinate setup and tear-down activities in cooperation with the Site Operations Director;
* Coordinate the grandstands, chairs and carpentry workshop and inventory maintenance;
* Develop and supervise projects assigned by the Site Operations Director;
* Follow and support the equipment and inventory management procedures and requirements as required by Cirque du Soleil. Utilize the tools and procedures provided by IHQ to maintain inventory and equipment data. Follow the requirements detailed for customs and logistics with regards to the transport of material with touring productions;
* Carry out all other tasks assigned by the Site Operations Director;
* Develop and execute all carpentry work on site;
* Assist with setup and tear-down of infrastructures according to infrastructure installation and operating procedures set by IHQ;
* Operate site infrastructures according to infrastructure installation and operating procedures set by IHQ;
* Maintain and repair site infrastructures according to the infrastructure preventive maintenance and inspection program set by IHQ;
* Inform the IHQ of modifications made to equipment and infrastructures in order to keep the preventive maintenance and inspection program as well as the installation and operating procedures for infrastructures up to date;
* Supervise fly-ins and local supernumerary personnel during setup and tear-down and for special projects;
* Participate in show call and/or morning rounds;
* Remain on call for emergencies.
We would like to meet you if you have:
* Carpentry certification or equivalent work experience;
* Six to eight years' experience in carpentry;
* Knowledge of structural elements in metal will be an asset.
* Tour experience an asset;
* Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
* Ability to work long hours and under pressure;
* Ability to work well independently and in a team;
* Knowledge of Microsoft software for Windows;
* Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, fluency in French is an asset;
* Available to tour full time and to work in foreign countries.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it's also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
* Make a real visible difference in what you do;
* Learn and grow within our international environment;
* Expand and reinvent ways of doing things.
Associated topics: cabinet, cabinet maker, carpenter, carpentry, door, laminator, nail, sand, saw, woodwork