*Posted Date:* Jan 18, 2019
* We have an opening for a full-time *GENERAL LABOR/MAINTENANCE *position.
* *Location*: Texas A&M International, 5201 University Blvd., Laredo, TX 78041. /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
* *Requirement*: See job description.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
*Full-time associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*/This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the 'job search' in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on 'referral tracking.' For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email /*/*...@compass-usa.com**.*// *Click*/ */here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position./*
*Summary:* Assists with the day-to-day upkeep, maintenance and smooth operation of the building and campus. Repairs, maintains and assists in the installation of vending machines and equipment.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
* Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
* Performs minor repairs to doors, fixtures and furniture.
* Records information from meters and gauges at specified intervals to verify operating conditions.
* Makes adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems.
* Regularly replaces HVAC air filters.
* Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
* Moves heavy furniture, equipment and supplies either manually or by using hand trucks.
* Mows and trims lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers; clears debris.
* Notifies managers about the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
* Removes snow from sidewalks, driveways and parking areas.
* Sets up, arranges and removes decorations, tables, chairs, ladders and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events.
* Ad-hoc cleaning of building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming; gathers and empties trash; services, cleans and supplies restrooms.
* Drives vehicles required to perform work.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Valid Non-CDL Class C driver's license may be required.
*About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 243539
Associated topics: athletic, dig, groundskeeper, ice, jardinero, lawn, park, paver, rug, superintendent