Job ID:? 147636
TexasBit is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Bit is part of CRH?s growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
The employee will be involved and responsible for the daily operations of the plant.? Maintenance of the plant equipment, communicating with plant foreman.? Required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Responsible for a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures for themselves and co-workers by using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring daily maintenance of the plant is completed. ?Routine and daily housekeeping duties.
- Responsible for keeping plant clean.
- Report all major maintenance problems to Foreman or superintendent
- Perform general laboring duties when necessary. May be called upon to run small power tools such as a jack hammer.? Lifting, carrying & holding material, tools and supplies.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Two years of related experience preferred but not required
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver?s license that meets state requirements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require standing for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders or stairs and to work at heights.
- Able to work in tight quarters.
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-100 pounds.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive.? They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.? Other duties may be assigned as required.? Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas?has a long and proud heritage as one of North America?s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you?re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
TexasBit is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
?EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this?link.?
Associated topics: diesel mechanic, diesel technician, equipment, fleet, forklift, heavy equipment operator, heavy equipment technician, landfill, mechanic, press