* Baker Hughes GE * Experienced * Posted 2/26/2019 9:54:27 PM * 1905786 * Job Function: Manufacturing * Business Segment: Baker Hughes GE Oilfield Services
Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Mechanical Assembler for 2nd Shift supporting Completions and Wellbore Intervention at our Emmott Road facility in Houston, TX. Our Emmott Rd facility is looking for a mechanically oriented candidate to perform all of high-pressure test on critical tools assembled in this facility. The role will report to the Assembly and Test supervisor and be responsible to support delivery and quality commitments.
* Assembles components per assembly drawings / bill of material. * Performs functional testing on assemblies. * Tests assemblies per customer and/or division criteria. * Operates test equipment in compliance with engineering standards. * Applies settings, calibrates and maintains assembly tools. * Handles special projects as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED * 2+ years of manufacturing experience. * Good mechanical background. * Ability to operate computer based equipment and interpret test charts * Basic knowledge of hydraulic systems and pressure * Require ability to operate forklifts and other material moving equipment. * Knowledge of machines, hand tools and power tools needed for assembly. * Ability to work with minimal supervision and instruction. * Work Shift is Monday through Friday from 1:50pm to 9:50pm and overtime as needed. There is a shift differential offered for 2nd shift. * Must be authorized to work in the authorized in the US without sponsorship.
* SAP experience * Knowledge of hydraulics and operating high-pressure test equipment * Read and interpret Engineering test procedures and instructions * Previous experience in assembly and testing Completions tools.
* Previous forklift certification
9100 Emmott Rd Houston, Texas 77040
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.