Great Southwestern Construction, a subsidiary of MYR Group Inc., one of the oldest and largest electrical contractors in the country, is looking for qualified Distribution Lineman to fill current and future project needs at its El Paso, Texas location.
* Construct and maintain all phases of electrical line construction to include: distribution/hot work, transmission, underground, and substations
* Establishing OSHA and customer safety requirements
* Observe and practice all safety policies and bulletins
* Planning and initiating projects
* Setting of towers and poles
* Maintaining and repairing overhead distribution or transmission lines
* Stringing new wire or maintaining old wire
* Installing and maintaining insulators
* Installing and maintaining transformers and other equipment
* Supervising Groundman and Apprentices
* Installing and maintaining underground distribution systems
* Assembly and erection of substations
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
Excellent benefits including:
* Paid vacation
* Paid holidays
* Life insurance
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.gswc.us. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-###-####.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
* Must presently be qualified to be an apprentice Lineman. * High School graduate or equivalent * Technical School Lineman degree or equivalent is required * Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers and groundwork with utility crews is required * Ability to work at heights up to and above 100 feet preferred * Must be mentally competent; able to communicate effectively, have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend and follow directions in the workplace * Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service * Must be able to work additional hours * A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times * Candidate must be customer and detail oriented, and well organized * Rubber gloves experience * Possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License Class A * Must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR Parts 382 and 391 * Must be willing to live and work in the El Paso, Texas area
Associated topics: electrical, electrical engineer, electromagnetic, engineer, kw kwh, live line, microprocessor, nuclear, transformer, voltage
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.