Click on \"Learn more about this agency\" button below to view **Eligibilities** being considered and other **IMPORTANT** information.
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month.
Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position to perform aircraft structural maintenance and support equipment repair and to provide training to reservist. Duties include but not limited to:
1. Plans and lays out work from engineering data, blueprints, sketches, drawings, specifications, and work orders in the repair, coating or manufacture of aircraft structural components and support equipment.
2. Develops patterns, molds, cuts, forms, joins, assembles, and installs items and systems which have combined straight and curved edges or irregular curves, angles, and planes.
3. Utilizes safety practices, Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and AF Environmental Compliance Assessment Management Program (ECAMP) environmental protection practices and procedures and complies with security regulations, directives and policies.
4. Operates, cleans, maintains and accounts for all hand, power tools and equipment, such as slip roll forming machines, box and pan brakes, beading and tubing machines to fabricate and repair items. Repairs, modifies, and manufactures fiberglass, bonded honeycomb, and composite/metal structural components that have contours that must be reestablished or that require the manufacture of a mold using the available part or pattern.
5. Inspects, prepares aircraft and support equipment surfaces and applies a variety of chemical compounds, protective and specialized coatings to a variety of materials, such as sheet metal, radomes and composites then correctly disposes of hazardous waste products. Prepares effective training plans to maximize Reserve training.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
3806 Sheet Metal Mechanic
### Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship Required
* Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
* Must obtain and retain the appropriate security clearance level designated for the position.
* PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
* Recruitment and Relocation incentives may be authorized
* This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
* The incumbent may be required to fly in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments (TDY) away from the normal duty station.
* The incumbent may be required to work overtime to meet workload demands.
* Cleans work area and equipment. Train REG AF/DOD civilian (if applicable)
* Disclosure of Political Appointments
* Must be a current member of the AF Reserve or willing/qualified to join
* This is an Air Reserve technician (ART) position. The incumbent is required to meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements.
* Work schedule will be aligned to allow incumbent to fully participate in unit training assemblies (UTA).
* The incumbents regular assignments are ART duties; however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities as determined by the supervisor.
* This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP). The employee is subject to random drug testing.
* The incumbent is subject to pre-employment drug testing and participation in random drug testing as a condition of employment in accordance with AFI 90-508, Air Force Civilian Drug Demand Reduction Program.
* AFSC/GRADE: 2A753/E-5
**QUALIFICATIONS:**Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-3800 - Metal Work Family, WG-3806 - Sheet Metal Mechanic (Aircraft/Painter) . Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
The screen out element for this position is the ability to do the Sheet Metal Mechanic (Aircraft/Painter) position.
**JOB ELEMENTS:**Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of materials, techniques, practices, and procedures related to sheet metal structural and composite structural tasks. Knowledge of regulations, procedures, and policies related to records maintenance and documentation. Knowledge of Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and AF Environmental Compliance Assessment Management Program (ECAMP) rules, regulations, and instructions relating to hazardous waste generation and personal and environmental protection.
2. Skill in fabricating/repairing complex aircraft structural and support equipment components from a variety of materials such as galvanized or stainless steel, aluminum, copper sheet, honeycomb material, and alloys. A variety of composite materials such as Kevlar, graphite, polyamide, and poly-ethyl-ethyl-ketone (PEEK). Skill in using and maintaining a variety of metal shop tools, equipment, and measuring instruments such as drill presses, rivet guns, punches, spot welders, metal saws, dimpler, cables, and permaswedge tube repair kits
3. Ability to inspect and evaluate structural damage to sheet metal and composite systems sufficient to plan and accomplish repairs. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, sketches, and technical specifications. Ability to maintain professional, courteous and cooperative interaction with coworkers, sections, and organizations. Communicate and appropriately document work orally and in writing both manually and through computer based access methods.
4. Knowledge of industrial hygiene, upkeep, cleanliness and foreign object debris prevention sufficient to clean work area and/or job site upon completion of work. Skill in preparing, modifying, and manufacturing honeycomb adhesive bonded composite aircraft structures. Knowledge of advanced shop mathematics to figure irregular curves, angles, and pitch, and applies principles of radial-line, parallel-line development to devise patterns and layout (including geometric projection and triangulation)
5. Skill in using and maintaining a variety of painting and surface preparations equipment such as powered spray units, sanders, grinders, vacuum blasters, pit depth gauges, and stencil machines. Knowledge of safety, bio-environmental, safety data sheets, and security standards, technical orders, engineering data and manufacturer's instructions regulations, and requirements to include aircraft, support equipment and locally manufactured items.
**PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:**Work encompasses strenuous physical exertion when bending and shaping the more complex items in handling larger and bulkier material. Requires physical effort which includes prolonged standing on production lines; climbing up and down ladders and scaffolds; working in cramped and awkward positions while installing items; and reaching, lifting, and bending while using hand and powered tools in uncomfortable positions for extended periods. Weight lifted seldom exceeds 50 pounds. Confined spaces and heights up to 65 feet.
**ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:**Works both inside and outside and is subject to a moderate amount of noise and vibration from shop machines. When working outside is subject to a variety of weather conditions. Subject to cuts, bruises, falls, and burns. Shop areas normally have adequate lighting and ventilation. Required to wear safety glasses when performing eye hazardous operations.
**PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:**Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
**VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:** Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
### Additional information
**Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):**For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
**Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):**Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
**90-Day Register:**This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
**Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
**Incentives**: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
**If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.**
**Tax Law Impact for PCS:** On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the \"Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for \"substantially all\" of the increased tax liability resulting from the \"2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act\" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: Bulletin 1805 Relocation Allowances0.pdf
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of \"not qualified\" or \"insufficient information\" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
All Federal Wage Schedule (FWS) applicants must complete the assessment questionnaire in its entirety or it will result in an ineligible rating. Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
**APPRAISALS/AWARDS:**Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
**This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position.**ARTs are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members; are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency. For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-###-####. Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserve. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position) on the application. A military service member's statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate member's separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
**The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.**
1. Online Application - Questionnaire
2. Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period, hours worked and supervisor
3. Registration/License - active, current registration/license **if applicable**for the position
4. If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
5. Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees): You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a \"1\" or \"2\" AND block 34 must be a\"1\").
6. Applicants must refer to the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide (link provided above) for a complete list of required documents for each eligibility you identify.
**ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:** The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a \"certification\" of active service in lieu of a DD-214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A \"certification\" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of \"veteran\" under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The \"certification\" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions **not later than 120 days after the date of submission**. The \"certification\" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD-214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid \"certification\" of service with their initial application will be found \"not eligible.\" Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Applicant should not submit an appraisal that does not include this information.
**Awards for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Copies of any award received within the last 3 years.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
The complete Application Package **must** be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 03/15/2019
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link:
To begin the process, click the **Apply Online**button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My Application**button at the end of the process.
**To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:**
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is \"most recent.\"
* It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
* If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
* For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10438063
**PLEASE NOTE:** It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources **WILL NOT**modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
### Agency contact information
### Total Force Service Center
NAS JRB Fort Worth
1780 Doolittle Avenue
NAS JRB Fort Worth, TX 76127
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526841000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
*Open & closing dates:* 03/11/2019 to 03/15/2019
*Pay scale & grade:* WG 10
*Salary:* $53,177 to $62,109 per year THE HOURLY RATE FOR THIS POSITION IS $25.48 - $29.76
*Appointment type:* Permanent
*Work schedule:* Full-Time
Associated topics: coat, conformal coat, dirt, paint, powder, refinish, rubber, sandblaster, spray, surface