JBT Airport Services, a division of JBT Corporation, is a dedicated provider of maintenance and operations services to airlines and airports throughout North America. We provide 24/7/365 support for gate systems, ground support equipment, baggage systems, and facility maintenance. No other airport service provider offers a wider array of technical know-how than JBT Airport Services. Our long history and pioneering legacy directly results from the collaborative efforts of a culturally diverse group of people working across the globe. Whether you're an experienced professional or a well-qualified graduate, we offer exceptional opportunities to build your career.
This position is located at the DFW Int'l Airport in Dallas, TX.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Diagnose, Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain aircraft passenger boarding bridges and related controls equipment, components, and systems.
* Provide concise, accurate, and sufficiently detailed data for input of all maintenance information.
* Provide emergency/unscheduled and scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment and facilities.
* Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
* Complete daily work log and work order paperwork for tasks accomplished during shift.
* Respond to maintenance calls when required and/or requested.
* Comply with company safety program.
* Perform other duties as assigned / needed.
While performing the duties of an Machine Repair Technician, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and work in small spaces. Ladder work required. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Ability to work in outside weather conditions on an airport ramp around aircrafts and the confined areas of baggage conveyor systems. Specific vision abilities required by this job include good close proximity vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Good hand / eye coordination is required.
The work environment is similar to airport operation with vehicular traffic. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, cold, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employees will work on an airport ramp around aircrafts and around heavy equipment.
* High School diploma or GED equivalent
* Valid Driver's License
* 1+ years' experience in equipment and maintenance operations
* Industrial electricial experience; preferably with 3 phase motors and 480 v
* Familiarity with Airport operations a plus
* Experience with Passenger Boarding Bridges, 400Hz inverters, and / or PC Air systems a plus
* Basic understanding of PLC Control systems
* Computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
* Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
* Ability to be badged to work in secure areas of an airport
* Ability to work Day or Night shift including weekends and holidays; 12 hour shifts, 3 1/2 days on and 3 1/2 days off
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org.
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-###-#### if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
Associated topics: calibrate, customer service, equipment, field service, machine repair, maintenance, maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician, service technician, troubleshoot