The Machine Operation position is responsible for the safe operation of high speed packaging equipment and ongoing cost effective operations in a multi-shift setting. Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the Machine Operator ensures the setup, safe operation, monitoring, cleanliness and quality standards of equipment. Ensures the compliance of all prestart Safety and Quality requirements and sign off of required checklists in order to ensure package integrity and appearance and maximize optimum packaging of finished product, in a world class facility.
* Set up and operate various packaging machines.
* Perform all necessary quality checks of product and equipment. Visually inspect product for defects, setting aside defective items to one side on a skid for rework.
* Ensure proper placement of identification labels on each carton.
* Ensure proper documentation of quality checks, case counts, rework, control points for HACCP and trace ability is made.
* Coordinate and participate in changeovers of all types.
* Communicate with control room on coffee needs and verification.
* Document film usage, rejected materials and rework.
* Verify case counts at the completion of a run.
* Make minor repairs and/or adjustments to equipment as needed.
* Knowledge of operation of various production and packaging machines
* Must be familiar with all machines sensors, emergency buttons and safety features
* High School diploma or equivalent and previous manufacturing experience strongly preferred
* Excellent mechanical aptitude with trouble shooting and analytical abilities
* Ability to handle the complexity of the completed production line
* Excellent attention to detail
* Must have a demonstrated history of safe work habits
* Ability of perform heavy lifting duties as required
* Willing to work cooperative in a team environment
* Skills assessments will be required
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
* Only those applications who meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted.
* No agencies please
TEAM C WORK SCHEDULE
Week 1: Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat 6:00 pm 6:30 am
Week 2: Sun, Wed, Thurs 6:00 pm 6:30 am
* A $1.00 shift differential will be paid for this shift
Associated topics: calibrate, criteria, defect, qa, qa tech, quality check, quality control, quality manager, requalification, test