SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Maintenance technicians are involved in all aspects component and systems maintenance. They utilize all tools at their disposal to ensure reliability of test stands on development and production test stands. This will involve corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance techniques as well as operational and design feedback for maintaining and improving all systems at the test facility.
* Maintain and repair ground support equipment on test stands and facilities systems including pumps, tanks, valves, plumbing and instrumentation
* Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair hardware associated with: high pressure gas, hydraulic systems, cryogenic systems and components, and associated instrumentation
* Maintain structural systems and components such as: rollers, bearings, rams, etc.
* Collaborate with design and test engineers to maintain systems in peak operating condition
* Follow all regulations and appropriate SpaceX procedures including quality policies, safety policies, OSHA, EPA, NIOSH, NFPA, ASME, NEC and other standards
* Develop novel methods to streamline processes site-wide to increase reliability of internal processes
* High school diploma or GED
* 2+ years of maintenance technician experience
* 3+ years of experience with hydraulics, cryogenic, pneumatic, mechanical or electrical/data systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Associate degree in a technical field
* Experience with CMMS systems such as Maximo, SAP, etc.
* Knowledge in the following areas desired: vacuum systems; borescope inspections/operation; tubing and pipe fittings/joints; wide variety of mechanical fasteners; HVAC; and rotating machinery (pumps, air compressors, etc.)
* Formalized training/experience in the following industries: power plant, oil and gas, aerospace, automotive or electronics (semi-conductor)
* Knowledge of high pressure gas, hydraulic, cryogenic, flammable, hypergolic, pyrophoric systems
* Experience with carpentry, painting, heavy equipment, grounds/building/industrial maintenance
* Experience in maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting instrumentation, process controls and data and control systems
* Experience with PLC programming and/or troubleshooting
* Basic understanding of the theory of operation for the following instrumentation: pressure transducers, thermocouples (K&E), RTDs, load cells, flowmeters, and others
* Operational knowledge of oscilloscopes, multi-meters, soldering wires and connectors, operation of various crimping tools, wire stripping, ohm's law, continuity testing, pinning out a military type connector, routing and tie wrapping cables, drilling and tapping holes, and building junction boxes
* Ability to write detailed repair reports
* Ability to use power tools, hand tools and power equipment
* Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment
* Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrate a high sense of urgency
* General physical fitness is required for some work areas, flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
* Ability to lift minimum 25 lbs
* Must be available for overtime and weekends
* Work routinely performed in extreme outdoor environments - heat, cold, rain.
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) ###-####.
Associated topics: crew, grounds, grounds maintenance, jardinero, park, plant, road, rug, sod, tree
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.